Friday, January 11, 2008

Guitar Hero

The gang and I spent a delightful night with Greg and Stephen playing Guitar Hero. David and I were discussing Guitar Hero the other night as a metaphor for modern life: we don't want to take the time and energy to actually learn guitar so we can feel the thrill of a completed song, so we make a simplified game about guitar instead and export the experience to everyone. And yet...it is so fun! Somehow Guitar Hero fast forwards you through the difficulties of learning and finding a band, and gives you the experience of actually playing. If I were 20 years younger, I'd suddenly start looking for a band after playing this game! Maybe a band with cuter outfits though!

Today was day six of the detox. Both David and I had a time around lunchtime of feeling achey again and needing to lie down. This surprised us at this late time. By dinner time that feeling was gone. So now I am looking ahead and wondering what eating plan to pursue. I am thinking Perfect Weight America by Jordan Rubin. It seems doable. Now if only I could get to the gym!

No comments: